2019 BMW X5 vs. 2019 BMW X7
In the luxury SUV segment, both the 2019 BMW X5 and the 2019 BMW X7 sit at the top of the list. Both offer Normal drivers plenty of interior space for passengers and cargo, well-performing engines, and the luxe features you’d expect from a BMW. To help you choose which BMW SUV is the best fit, take a look at the BMW X7 vs. X5 comparison.
Pricing and Trim Levels
- Configurations: Both SUVs are available in two main trims. With the X5, you can between the X5 xDRIVE40i and X5 xDRIVE50i, and with the X7, you can choose between the X7 xDrive40i and X7 xDrive50i.
- Pricing: The BMW X5 xDRIVE40i starts at $60,700 MSRP, and the X5 xDRIVE50i starts at $75,750. The BMW X7 xDrive40i has a starting price of $73,900 MSRP, and the BMW X7 xDrive50i has a starting price of $92,600.
- BMW X5 xDRIVE40i: Each BMW X5 interior has two rows of seats with 40/20/40 split-folding rear seats. It provides 40.8 inches of headroom, 39.8 inches of legroom, and 60 inches of shoulder room in the front. The back offers 37.4 inches of legroom and 58.1 inches of shoulder room. The trunk provides 33.9 to 72.3 cubic feet of storage space, depending on if you have the rear seats folded or not.
- BMW X7 xDrive40i: There are three rows of seats in the SUV. In front, there are 41.9 inches of headroom, 39.8 inches of legroom, and 60 inches of shoulder room. In the back, you get 37.6 inches of legroom and 58.1 inches of shoulder room. There’s 48.6 to 90.4 cubic feet of cargo space, depending on whether the rear and middle seats or up or down.
BMW X7 vs. X5: Performance
- BMW X5 xDRIVE40i: The standard engine is a 3.0L TwinPower Turbo inline six-cylinder paired with an eight-speed STEPTRONIC Automatic transmission with Sport and Manual shift modes that delivers 335 hp. This engine makes an EPA-estimated 20 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway, and the BMW X5 xDRIVE40i can tow up to 6,603 pounds, compared to the BMW X3 towing capacity of 4,400 pounds.
- BMW X7 xDrive40i: This BMW runs on a standard 4.4L TwinPower Turbo V8 engine that’s also paired with the eight-speed STEPTRONIC Automatic transmission with Sport and Manual shift modes and delivers 456 hp. The BMW X7 xDrive40i has a towing capacity of 7,500 pounds, and it makes an EPA-estimated 20 mpg/city and 26 mpg/highway.
Compare BMW X5 and X7 0-60 mph times with our list of fastest BMW cars at BMW of Bloomington! Whether you opt for the X5 or the X7, you’ll easily best challengers like the Acura MDX.
BMW X7 vs. X5 Features
Spacious, powerful, and capable, we can’t overstate how luxurious and well-appointed the BMW X5 and BMW X7 interiors are. Both BMW SUVs offer SensaTec upholstery and 16-way power front sport seats with two-way power side bolsters, four-way lumbar support, and driver’s seat and steering wheel memory settings. There are some differences as well.
- The BMW X7 is standard with a three-panel panoramic sunroof, a 360-degree surround-view camera, premium audio, and more.
- The BMW X5 interior is outfitted with twin 12.3-inch digital displays, a navigation system, and its own panoramic sunroof.
Shop for BMW SUVs at BMW of Bloomington in Bloomington
For a more affordable price and more fuel efficiency, the BMW X5 might be the better fit for Decatur or Pekin drivers. If you’d prefer a little more power and interior space, you’ll love the three-row BMW X7. While the BMX X5 towing capacity has certainly driven Bloomington drivers to it for years, if you wanted more power, the BMW X7 towing capabilities make it a compelling choice.
Contact us with any questions about these SUVs, as well as our other models, including the new X1 and X3 or the X3 vs. X5. While you’re at it, take a look at the pricing for the 2020 X7! No matter which models you’re interested in, stop by our showroom to take them for test drives! In the meantime, you can also explore some popular BMW X5 accessories or compare competitors like the X3 vs. Audi Q5 or the BMW X5 vs. Audi Q7.